Social Work Intern
I enjoy working with people of all ages. I am certified as a pet bereavement specialist, assisting folks in their grief from losing or the anticipation of losing a beloved pet.
Areas of Focus:
• Children, Adolescents, Adults (all ages)
• Trained in "Helping Transgender Youth Find Safety and Belonging"
• Certified in Psychological First Aid
Approach & Style:
• Motivational Interviewing
• Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, concentration in Exercise Science from California State University,
Monterey Bay (2010-2014)
• (In progress): Masters in Social Work from University of Massachusetts, Global
I believe wholeheartedly that I was put on this earth to heal humans and the world for the greatest good. Throughout my professional career, I have worked with people of all ages in various settings such as education, ABA therapy, Acute Psych, and guiding folks to substance treatment at all levels of care.
When I first came into the behavioral health field in 2018, I was blessed to be shown my own healing work that was necessary for me to grow. Just before the start of the pandemic, I started my journey in recovery from my own set of mental health challenges that I have experienced my whole life. It is my passion to end the stigma of mental health and to assist people in improving their lives, whether in recovery or not.