Areas of Focus:
• Mood and anxiety disorders
• Self-esteem concerns
• Childhood trauma
• Children, Parents, Young/Transitional Aged Adults
• Specializes in South Asian & Desi community
Approach & Style:
• Multicultural Therapy
• Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Play & Narrative Therapy
• Languages: Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu
• B.A. in Psychology from University of Washington
• B.A. in Child Development & Diversity from University of Washington
• M.A. & Ed.M. in Counseling & Clinical Psychology from Columbia University
MA, EdM, LPCC
I have worked with children and families from diverse backgrounds, guiding clients at various developmental levels through their behavioral & emotional stressors.
I specialize in working with children, adolescents, and adults in providing individual and family therapy. My specialties include treating depression, suicidal ideation, anger management, anxiety, building distress tolerance, mood disorders, grief counseling, trauma-informed approaches, behavioral issues, and attachment in children and family conflict. I also embed multicultural competence and cultural factors throughout my work with children and families.
I have worked with children and families from diverse backgrounds, guiding clients at various developmental levels through their behavioral & emotional stressors. I am continuously adapting treatment plans to ensure that clients’ strengths are utilized as tools to help cope with their mental and emotional challenges. I value flexibility & perspective-taking in the process of therapy.
You are not alone and I am here to help you towards a more fulfilling future. My goal is to build on your strengths, while we evaluate your stressors in the present, reflect on the past and help guide us towards a healthier future.