I have experience working with culturally diverse populations, and specialize in treating children, adolescents, and young adults.
Areas of Focus:
• Children, adolescents, and young adults
• Anxiety, depression, and trauma
• Works with culturally diverse populations
• Languages: English, Nepali and Hindi
Approach & Style:
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
• B.A. in Psychology, Sociology, and Economics from Jyoti Nivas College, Bangalore, India
• M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Santa Clara University
• M. Phil. in Medical and Social Psychology from Central Institute of Psychiatry Ranchi, India
• M.S. in Clinical Psychology from Christ College, Bangalore, India
I am culturally competent with skills in working with diverse populations from a range of backgrounds who can assist with implementing appropriate treatment goals to meet the needs of individuals and families, who may be struggling with mental illness and/or other challenges.
I have several years of experience providing service ranging from severely mentally ill individuals to those in need of emotional support in all degrees.
Every individual’s experiences are unique and I take a client-centered approach, providing a variety of evidence-based therapy modalities that fit your individual needs, strengths, and goals, but I enjoy incorporating mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy into my work with clients. My purpose is to help you work through whatever you bring into the room, create a safe, affirming space with a compassionate, non-judgmental ear, and support you in learning new skills to find the beauty in life and cope with life’s challenges.